Modular Sensor Infrastructure
The RA-R436 is a 2400MHz active RFID transceiver compatible with Bluetooth Low Energy devices*. We call it a reelceiver because it can be daisy-chained with other reelceivers using standard Cat5e cables to create a reel. Each RA-R436 has a globally unique identifier and detects all compatible wireless devices in range, including their received signal strength (RSSI). Devices in range are located to the nearest reelceiver transparently and calibration-free. Power and communications are transferred over a single cable: simply connect and forget. Compliance for global operation. Available with custom factory-configured options at scale.
All reelyActive reelceivers are compatible with one another and interface seamlessly with our suite of open source software.
* Specifically devices which transmit Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) advertising packets
- Certified 2400MHz active RFID transceiver
- FCC: QASRA-R426-01
- IC: 10707A-RAR42601
- ETSI compliance tested
- Globally unique EUI-64 identifier
- Detects all Bluetooth Smart advertising devices in a range of tens of metres
- Periodically emits Bluetooth Smart advertising packets
- Includes 128-bit UUID
- Includes globally unique EUI-64 identifier
- Incites smart devices to emit a SCAN_REQ, announcing their presence
- Compact enclosure
- 77mm x 32mm x 25mm
- injection moulded in USA
- Bright red-blue status LED
- Connects with other reelceivers in a reel configuration
- Power and communication over a single, standard Cat5e cable
- Efficient 5VDC to 45VDC operation
- RS-422 standard serial communication
- Connect tens of reelceivers in a daisy-chain
- Reel length limited only by DC transmission losses
- Set-up-and-forget, calibration-free architecture
- Connects to a local or remote server via a hub
- Interfaces seamlessly with our suite of open source software
Can be factory-programmed to support alternative proprietary radio protocols in the 2400MHz ISM band. Contact us for details.
The RA-R432 is identical but uses the 915MHz band for operation in the Americas.
The RA-R434 is identical but uses the 868MHz band for operation in Europe and other ETSI regions. Contact us for details.
HS Code: 8517.69.0000
Our software is open source, and our hardware is designed and built in Montréal, Québec, Canada.